You can expect this recipe for Potatoes Au Gratin to become anyone’s favorite side dish. Made with a rich, creamy cheese sauce and fork-tender potatoes, this classic French recipe makes a perfect pair with a juicy steak or roasted pork tenderloin. Add a green salad and some fresh bread, and you’ll have found the magic path to your loved ones’ hearts. Check out the ingredients you’ll need and the directions to follow below!
• 4 russet potatoes, sliced into 1/4 inch slices
• 1 onion, sliced into rings
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• ½ teaspoon salt
• 2 cups milk
• 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese
• Salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Butter a medium casserole dish.
2. Layer 1/2 of the potatoes into the bottom of the prepared casserole dish. Top with the onion slices, and add the remaining potatoes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. In a medium-size saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Mix in the flour and salt, and stir constantly with a whisk for one minute. Stir in milk. Cook until the mixture has thickened. Stir in cheese all at once, and continue stirring until melted, about 30 to 60 seconds. Pour cheese over the potatoes, and cover the dish with aluminum foil.
4. Bake 1 1/2 hours in the preheated oven.
Cook up something delicious tonight with this special recipe provided to you by Westmount at Copper Mill Apartments in Houston, Texas, and put our expansive kitchens to good use!