Disney's famous theme parks may still be closed around the world, but fans are keeping the magic alive by making their very own Disney-inspired foods during the quarantine. Now, Disney is making it even easier to feel like you're in the Magic Kingdom because they've finally spilled the recipe for their famous churros. Check it out below:
1 cup of water
8 tablespoons butter
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups vegetable or canola oil
1/2 cup sugar
1. Combine water, butter, salt, and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon in 1 1/2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Bring the pot to a rolling boil.
2. Reduce heat to low. Add flour and stir vigorously until the mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat and let rest for 5 to 7 minutes.
3. Add eggs, one at a time, and stir until combined. Set aside.
4. Heat oil in a medium skillet or 1-quart saucepan over medium-high heat or until temperature reaches 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
5. Spoon dough into a piping bag fitted with a large star tip. Pipe 1-inch strip of dough over a saucepan, cut with a knife, and drop into the hot oil. Repeat until churro bites fill saucepan.
6. Fry churro bites until golden brown. Remove with a slotted spoon or mesh spider strainer.
7. Drain churro bites on paper towels. Mix sugar and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon in a medium bowl. Toss in churro bites until coated.
8. Place on serving plate and serve with your favorite dipping sauce.
Shake up your household menu – and put your fully-equipped kitchen to use – with this easy-to-follow recipe, courtesy of Westmount at Copper Mill Apartments in Houston, Texas.